Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Taxation Without Representation!


Roy:
So we’re finally in Boston, our first “Early American History Homeschool education” destination.  We pulled into a campground just outside the city that advertised “showers, laundry, etc”.  It is a massive complex that would be better described as a resort rather than a campground.

As I was rushing to get ready for church on Sunday morning I had to walk nearly ten minutes from our RV site to the shower building on the other side of the property.  I was already running late (some things never change, even when you’re on sabbatical…) so I knew it would need to be a quick shower.  However, when I got there I found that although they did have showers, you had to pay extra if you wanted hot water!  I could not afford the time it took to go back to my site for some quarters so I ended up suffering through an ice cold rinsing. 

As I walked past the office on my way back to our trailer I shook a shivering fist at the manager and hollered for all to hear, “Here, in the birthplace of democracy, and I have to pay for hot water in my shower!”.

No comments:

Post a Comment