Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Mama Katie Marie


Hollie
When I met Roy, he introduced me to his friend Katie Marie.  She was a sweet girl whose company I enjoyed.  About two years later I noticed that everyone was calling her Kat.  When I asked her why she told me that he name was Katherine and everyone called her Kat.  Only Roy called her Katie Marie.  WHAT???  I guess he liked the name and thought her personality fit, so that is what he called her.

There is a rumor in Roy’s family that his dad liked the name Mary Ruth and had decided that his last little girl would be named that.  Roy is the fifth child, and then his brother Steve, and finally his sister Mary (Ruth) was born and they stopped having children. It is hard to think how many children they would have had if Roy’s mom had kept having boys!

Following in his dad’s footsteps, Roy decided that his last girl would be named Katie Marie.  He had decided this long before he had met me.  After birthing Ruthie, I fell ill and it seemed like I couldn’t have any more children.  Then surprise! Six years later I found out I was pregnant.  Roy immediately knew this was his Katie Marie.

After Katie Marie’s personality started to shine, it became very apparent to me that she needed a younger sibling.  In her mind, all of her older siblings were created to worship and serve her.  In my mind, she needed someone who was going to steal her toys, share her clothes, and borrow her shoes and never return them.  To my amazement, God granted me this request and Ellie was born.  Katie Marie may not be his youngest daughter, but I am sure he doesn’t mind.  Ellie is worth it.

Of course we couldn’t come to Boston without Katie Marie meeting her name sake.  Katie Marie called her The Mama Katie Marie.

And Ellie received some Katie Marie loving that she didn't mind (unlike the "love" she receives from her sister).

No comments:

Post a Comment